Tuesday, April 23, 2013

meh day

Had a bad day today. Just was in a 'meh' mood all day, didn't really want to talk to anyone (for the most part, anything that breathed annoyed the crap out of me. LEAVE ME ALONE PEOPLE)

I'm sure I was a treat -- I do pat myself on the back for recognizing my foul mood/perma scowl and tried to avoid people by working (hiding) in offices where people wouldn't find me.

Left work right at 5:00, and thought perhaps a trip to the gym would help alleviate my terrible mood before I got home. No dice. My gym (population 1.5 billion) has decided they need to build a parking ramp, and apparently that means that they must close the parking lot during primetime.

Hate.

So I came home, and for the first time in about 900 days there happened to be sun... I decided to run outside. Let's just be clear... there are very few things in life I despise more than running. In fact, besides Mondays, I can't think of anything off the top of my head that I do hate more.

However, when I got home from this little run, I did feel a little better. (probably had nothing to do with the Sephora box on the back step either... )

The highlight of my day, though, was the fact that my team... BEAT the Kings tonight. I came into the game with a bad attitude (par for the course today) and it ended with a big fat 'W.' That plus a glass (or 3) of wine really picked me up. What picks you up?

That's all folks.

//tk

No comments:

Post a Comment